MIDDLE EAST — 2 June 2013 — NVIDIA has introduced the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 700M series of notebook GPUs, which enable gaming notebook PC designs that are smaller and more powerful than ever before. The GeForce GTX 700M series GPUs bring blistering performance, advanced gaming technology and true portability to the next generation of gaming notebooks.
“Virtually all of the new gaming notebooks are built around GeForce GTX 700M GPUs,” said Rene Haas, vice president and general manager of computing products at NVIDIA. “The GPU is the heart of any gaming PC, and all the top gaming OEMs unanimously chose the GeForce GTX 700M series this refresh cycle. GeForce GTX means gaming, more now than ever before.”
The new GeForce GTX 700M GPU lineup includes:
• GeForce GTX 780M – The world’s fastest notebook GPU1
• GeForce GTX 770M – up to 55 percent faster2 than the product it replaces
• GeForce GTX 765M – Selected by Razer for the world’s thinnest PC gaming laptop, 40 percent thinner and lighter than the current record holder3
• GeForce GTX 760M –up to 30 percent4 faster than the product it replaces
Based on the NVIDIA Kepler™ architecture, 700M series GPUs feature technologies that automatically maximize notebook performance and the gaming experience. With no effort or input from the user, the technologies work in the background to save battery life, enhance performance and enrich visual details — providing the best notebook experience the GPU can deliver.
• NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology, which enables extra-long battery life by switching the GPU on and off so it runs only when needed.
• NVIDIA GeForce® Experience™ software, which adjusts in-game settings for the best performance and visual quality specific to a user’s notebook and automatically keeps GeForce drivers up to date.
• NVIDIA GPU Boost™ 2.0 technology, which intelligently adjusts GPU clock speed to maximize graphics performance.
Notebook manufacturers that have committed to using GeForce GTX 700M GPUs in their designs include Acer, Asus, Clevo, Gigabyte, MSI, Razer and Toshiba. Others will be announced soon. More information about the GeForce 700M family of notebook GPUs is available at www.GeForce.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: All relevant material including images and press release is available on:
(1) GeForce GTX 780M vs. Radeon 8970M, 19×10 in 3DMark Fire Strike. Based on publicly disclosed data as of May 15th, 2013.
(2) Comparing with average FPS between GeForce GTX 670M and GeForce GTX 770M in Battlefield 3, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2 at 1080P on High/Ultra Settings.
(3) Comparing max z-height and weight between the thinness and lightest 15 notebook from the GeForce 600M generation (Clevo P150) to the new Razer Blade.
(4) Comparing with average FPS between GeForce GTX 660M and GeForce GTX 760M in Battlefield 3, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2 at 1080P on High/Ultra Settings.
Since 1993, NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has pioneered the art and science of visual computing. The company’s technologies are transforming a world of displays into a world of interactive discovery — for everyone from gamers to scientists, and consumers to enterprise customers. More information at http://nvidianews.nvidia.com and http://blogs.nvidia.com.