At a glance:
- Alcatel-Lucent increased its market share by 5% in Managed Ethernet on revenue growth of 6% year-over-year compared to the overall market, which grew only 1%.
- Alcatel-Lucent is now the third largest Managed Ethernet LAN vendor in EMEA for 2011 in terms of revenue
- Alcatel-Lucent is the fastest growing top-10 Managed Ethernet LAN vendor in the North America region in Q4’2011 with an increase of 21%, quarter-over-quarter, compared to a loss of 1% for the overall market
- Alcatel-Lucent increased its wireless LAN market share by 32% on revenue growth of 64% year-over-year, compared to a 24% growth for the market
- Alcatel-Lucent is now the second largest vendor in the Asia-Pacific region for interactive access point shipments
In reports dated Feb. 24, 2012 and March 5, 2012 , market research firm Infonetics Research released its fourth quarter 2011 (4Q11) Wireless LAN Equipment and WiFi Phones and Ethernet Switches vendor market share and forecast reports. Infonetics collected and analyzed information from leading networking vendors regarding their sales of Ethernet LAN switches and wireless LAN solutions.
“Sales data for 2011 enterprise networking equipment are in, and the results are very clear: Enterprises are racing to upgrade their infrastructure to support the wave of wireless devices hitting their networks,” explains Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. “While the bulk of expenditures still goes toward wired Ethernet switches, and will for some time to come, the growth is coming from wireless networking gear, up 24% in 2011, compared to flat sales for Ethernet switches.”
Machowinski adds: “With wireless taking up an ever-larger share of the expenditure pie, vendors must have a well-developed wireless strategy to address the evolving requirements of their customers.”