Abu Dhabi, UAE, 26 October 2011: Black Hat Abu Dhabi has announced a preliminary list of briefing sessions over two days from 14-15 December 2011 at Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi. These briefing sessions will run alongside the exhibition of security specialists and solution providers. The confirmed briefing sessions include malware, mobile security, denial-of-service-attacks and the blue-hat contest.
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) represented by the UAE Computer Emergency Response Team (aeCERT), in cooperation with Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) has partnered with UBM Middle East for the second year in a row to bring Black Hat Abu Dhabi to Emirates Palace from 12th to 15th December 2011.
The two days of briefings which will discuss and demonstrate the latest and most important security issues faced in the market today. Black Hat Abu Dhabi 2011 is set to bring together the best minds in security to define tomorrow’s information security landscape in the Middle-East Region.
The briefing sessions confirmed so far include:
- iSnoop: How to steal secrets from touch screen devices by Federico Maggi
- Software Security goes Mobile by Russell Spitler
- Taming Worms, RATs, dragons and more! By Christiaan Beek
- Financial Armageddon? Inside the Zeus and SpyEye tidal wave by Ken Baylor
- Android : from reversing to de-compilation by Anthony Desnos
- Yet Another Android Rootkit – /protecting/system/is/not/enough/ by Tsukasa Oi
- Check your zombie devices! : Analysis of the DDoS cyber terrorism against the country and future attacks on various devices By DongJoo Ha
- From Redmond With Love by Katie Moussouris
- Legal Aspects of Cybersecurity – (AKA) CYBERLAW: A Year in Review, Cases, issues, your questions my (alleged) answers by Robert Clark
- Black Hat, the world’s leading security conference returns to Abu Dhabi (themarketbuzz.net)