FUJAIRAH, UAE; 19 May 2011 – DISTREE Events, the organisers of Digital Consumer Channel (DCC) Middle East & Africa (MEA), the region’s leading ICT and consumer electronics (CE) event, today announced the individual winners of the ‘Middle East Retail Academy (MERA): 2011 Awards’ hosted in Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort in Fujairah. The MERA 2011 individual awards recognise the key influencers in the retail channel in the MEA region.
In the vendor category, HP picked up two awards for Retail Account Manager of the Year for Levant and Egypt. The retail category was dominated by Carrefour, which picked up the Retail Executive of the Year awards for Egypt and tying with SharafDG in UAE.
Farouk Hemraj, CEO at DISTREE Events, the organiser of DCC MEA, said, “We congratulate all the winners and nominees. Each of them – including the shortlisted nominees – is at the top of their profession and well-respected in the regional retail channel. During the last month, vendors have been voting for retail executives, with retailers selecting the vendor executives they believe deserve recognition for their performance during the last 12 months.”
DCC MEA 2011 is headlined by Belkin and Intel as its Platinum sponsors. Dell, Grand Stores, Kaspersky and Lenovo support as Gold sponsors while Cisco, Pro Technology, Asbis, ITE Distribution and NAVTEQ are Silver sponsors. The MERA Awards were launched in 2008 and have become a recognised benchmark for business excellence in the region’s retail channel.
Complete list of individual winners:
- Retail Account Manager of the Year – Levant Pierre Rizk, HP
- Retail Account Manager of the Year – Egypt Doaa El Sabahy, HP
- Retail Account Manager of the Year – Rest of Gulf Rahul Saharia, Dell
- Retail Account Manager of the Year – Saudi Arabia Tabrez Ahmed, Acer
- Retail Account Manager of the Year – UAE TIE: Rachielle Araga, Toshiba & Merlin Jacob, HP
- IT Retail Executive of the Year – Levant Patrick Ziadeh, Khoury Home
- IT Retail Executive of the Year – Egypt Sameh Hassan, Carrefour
- IT Retail Executive of the Year – Rest of Gulf Mohamed Bazzy, Al Ghanim
- IT Retail Executive of the Year – Saudi Arabia V. Manoharan, Jarir BookStores
- IT Retail Executive of the Year – UAE Rahul Anand, Carrefour & Shyam Sunder, SharafDG
- Seventh Digital Consumer Channel MEA opens its doors to Middle East Retail channel (themarketbuzz.net)
- GameStream11 Awards honours Middle East retailers at DCC MEA (themarketbuzz.net)