Fujairah, UAE; 19 May 2011: DISTREE Events, the organisers of Digital Consumer Channel (DCC) Middle East & Africa (MEA), the region’s leading ICT and consumer electronics (CE) event, handed out vendor awards at the fourth ‘Middle East Retail Academy (MERA): 2011 Awards’. A live electronic voting session on Wednesday 18th May determined the winners in 11 product categories with a total of 10 vendors claiming awards. In addition, awards were handed out for Specialist and Volume distributor categories.
Hosted in Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, hundreds of retailers voted for the vendor awards in 11 categories. . Retailers evaluated nominated vendors on a number of criteria including partner engagement, channel strategy, pricing, stock management, product evolution, margin potential, channel management and partner programme.
“The fact that there are so many different winners underlines the variety that still exists in the market,” said Farouk Hemraj, CEO at DISTREE Events, the organisers of the ‘MERA: 2011 Awards’. “DCC MEA and MERA celebrate this diversity, bringing retailers, distributors and vendors together for a business-focused three-day event each year.”
“We would like to congratulate all of the award winners and also recognise the achievement of all nominees,” he added. “The nominations for each category were determined using data extracted from our Monthly Monitor Report (MMR) – a MERA service that provides a regular snapshot of views, opinions and the business climate in the region.”
The full list of nominated vendors and winners for the ‘MERA: 2011 Awards’ is below:
- Software Vendor of the Year WINNER: Kaspersky Also nominated: Adobe, Microsoft, Sage, Symantec
- TVs Vendor of the Year WINNER: Samsung Also nominated: LG, Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba
- Mobile Communications Vendor of the Year WINNER: Apple Also nominated: BlackBerry, HTC, Nokia, Samsung
- Gaming Vendor of the Year WINNER: MicrosoftAlso nominated: EA, Logitech, Nintendo, Sony
- Home Networking Vendor of the Year WINNER: Linksys by CiscoAlso nominated: Belkin, D-Link, Edimax, Netgear
- Storage Vendor of the Year WINNER: Seagate Also nominated: Imation, Iomega, Sandisk, WD
- Printing Vendor of the Year WINNER: HP Also nominated: Brother, Canon, Epson, Samsung
- Imaging Vendor of the Year WINNER: Nikon Also nominated: Canon, Kodak, Samsung, Sony
- Accessories Vendor of the Year WINNER: Promate Also nominated: Belkin, Genius, Logitech, Microsoft
- Digital Lifestyle Vendor of the Year WINNER: Apple Also nominated: Canon, Merlin, Samsung, Sony
- Desktop/Notebook/Netbook Vendor of the Year WINNER: Dell Also nominated: Acer, HP, Samsung, Sony
DCC MEA 2011 was headlined by Belkin and Intel as its Platinum sponsors. Dell, Grand Stores, Kaspersky and Lenovo supported as Gold sponsors while Cisco, Pro Technology, Asbis, ITE Distribution and NAVTEQ were Silver sponsors.
- Carrefour and HP dominate individual categories in ‘Middle East Retail Academy (MERA): 2011 Awards’ (themarketbuzz.net)
- Hospitality in its true sense (mitauae.posterous.com)
- Carrefour picks up four awards in retailer categories at ‘Middle East Retail Academy (MERA): 2011 Awards’ (themarketbuzz.net)