MIDDLE East, April 12, 2011 ― Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT) – a leading network security provider and worldwide leader of unified threat management (UTM) solutions – today announced that it has launched new Technology Specializations for its Gold and Silver partners across its international area. The new partner program aims at supporting Fortinet’s strategy of providing end-to-end IT security solutions with the sales of its FortiMail™, FortiWeb™, and FortiDB™ product lines.
Fortinet’s FortiPartner Program (FPP) is based on four tiers – gold, silver, bronze and Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs) – with the selective recruitment of top-tier partners to differentiate those fairly, based on their level of commitment. Fortinet’s channel program focuses on value, dedication and incentive, through benefits such as attractive profit margins, access to marketing programs and sales tools, technology leadership and a superior training & certification program.
Today, Fortinet’s new Technology Specializations aim at helping the vendor’s gold and silver partners benefit from new business opportunities within the IT security market while giving them enhanced differentiation and reward within Fortinet’s channel. Clear requirements based on sales targets, technical certification and marketing activities must be met in order to be elected for one of the Specialists programs.
“Fortinet’s continues to gain market share and grow revenues, thanks to its technology performance and innovation, but also its focused channel strategy driven by differentiation and incentive,” said Emilio Roman, Vice President of International Sales Operations at Fortinet. “We continuously look at improving our partner program to attract and retain value-added resellers with a strong presence on their domestic markets. With more than 200 partners signing up every quarter, the latest specializations aim at further structuring our channel and rewarding our high-value partners, which truly invest in our brand, technology and products.”
The four new Technology Specialization programs are:
- FortiMail and FortiWeb Specialist: Fortinet partners at Silver or Gold level can specialize in two specific Fortinet product families: FortiMail (email security) and FortiWeb (Web application and XML firewalls). The two technology specializations enable partners to :
- Access to the highest discount level of the FortiPartner Program (Gold Partner level)
- Access to FortiMail and/or FortiWeb marketing programs and promotional campaigns
- Get priority access to FortiMail and/or FortiWeb lead generation programs for business differentiation
- Use the FortiMail and/or FortiWeb Specialist logo for branding purposes
- Fortinet Technology Expert is the highest level of specialization and is dedicated to Gold and Silver partners, which are FortiGate Certified and have already qualified as both FortiMail Specialist and FortiWeb Specialist. Fortinet Technology Experts are entitled to the most competitive discounts across the entire Fortinet product range and are referenced by Fortinet as best partner.
- FortiDB Partnership is dedicated to MSSPs, consulting organizations or system integrators offering database security or audit services to third-party customers that are under regular or external audits and whose data is deemed critical (personal or confidential).
“With the extension of its product line to cover the broader IT security needs of the enterprise, Fortinet reinforces its position of top security player while generating further business value to its partners. We are excited to be part of Fortinet’s channel network, sharing a common strategy based on advanced technical expertise, strong sales support and value-added services.” said Issac Shihabi, CEO at Global Mobility Solutions, Fortinet’s Gold partner in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
A kick-off campaign on Fortinet’s new specialization programs is being rolled out until June 2011 to recruit new Technology Specialists. Fortinet will assist its partners in sales, technical and marketing, and will provide all the tools and processes necessary to reach new customers, develop their skills, deploy products and maximize the partnership.
To join the FortiPartner Program, please go to: http://www.fortinet.com/partners/