Middle East, 1 February 2011 – NEC Display Solutions will be showcasing a range of innovative products and technologies at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2011 in Amsterdam from 1 – 3 February 2011: Hall 4, Stand N42 and O42. Highlights include a new high-end three-chip DLP HLO projector, several short throw projectors – promising great performance while saving the environment – three new installation projector platforms for the P-/PA-/PX-series, a 55-inch ultra-thin addition to the MultiSync® range and the LED video wall.
The new products will be showcased alongside demonstrations of the company’s work with Intel on the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), with the first OPS based single board computer made by NEC at the stand.
In addition demonstrations of the ‘Virtually Me’ and ‘Heatmap’, produced in conjunction with NEC Laboratories in Heidelberg, will show how sensors can be used in real-time for audience measurement, interactive digital signage and targeted advertisement.
“The growing popularity of high-definition, 3D and LED technology has thrown the display industry into sharp focus, not only for consumer devices but within organisations and digital signage as well,” says Stefanie Corinth, Vice President Marketing & Business Development at NEC Display Solutions Europe.
“Static billboards and signage is rapidly being replaced by sophisticated digital signage, which can be interactive, responsive and real-time. Combined with the foray into the rapidly growing European DOOH sector, NEC is developing a range of products and solutions that ensures we remain a pioneer in all aspects of display technology.”
Attendees will get a hands-on look at some of the exciting products being previewed at the show, including:
- The recently pre-announced MultiSync® X551UN is making its global debut on the stand. Boasting the slimmest bezel on an LCD video wall product, this ultra-thin, 1920 x 1080 resolution display will, for the first time, introduce a direct LED backlight solution for video wall applications with planned image transitions of just 5.7 mm. Visitors will also see the new high-end MultiSync® X461S and X551S displays, each with LED backlighting and equipped with professional public display panels
- The ‘Virtually Me’ and ‘Heatmap’ showcase highlights how sensors can be used in real-time for audience measurement, interactive digital signage and targeted advertisement. The demos are based on the CMF (Context Management Framework) sensor middleware technology from the NEC European Laboratories and have been integrated with Instoremedia’s Digital Signage platform
- For Rental and Staging applications, the 3-Chip DLP HLO projector has a WUXGA (1920×1200) resolution and brightness up to nearly 11,000 ANSI lumen. The projector will also support OPS modules and is due to be launched in October 2011
- The new P-series projectors from the fixed-installation field, which will be launched in February. The PA-series of WUXGA (1920×1200) resolution professional LCD installation projectors and the PX-series DLP models (1 chip, dual lamp systems) are ideal for long operating times. The PX750U is the world’s first projector to support Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) modules for supreme installation flexibility
- Five new short-throw projectors, which have been added to the M-series range, which boast a very short throw ratio of 0.47:1 and provide brilliant images in both XGA (1024×768) and WXGA (1280×800) resolutions. This makes them particularly suited for classrooms and small-to-medium sized meeting rooms. These are due to be released to market in February and March 2011.
- The recently introduced LED display solution is represented by a 2m x 1,5m 6mm pixel pitch indoor LED video wall. The LED products (15mm pixel pitch, IP65 rated and 6mm pixel pitch) add perfectly to the digital signage product portfolio
- Real-life scenarios from different vertical fields such as digital/retail signage, hotels and restaurants, education, transportation and airport, conferencing and control room facilities
Taking place each February in Amsterdam, this year’s ISE show is drawing record levels of attendee pre-registration and includes two new halls, a dramatically extended pre-show conference programme, over 100 new exhibitors and many more attractions besides.
About the company
NEC Display Solutions Europe GmbH has its European headquarters in Munich, Germany and is responsible for all business activities in EMEA, divided into the five sales regions Northern Europe, Central and Central East Europe, Western and South Europe/Mediterranean, Commonwealth of Independent States and Middle East/Africa. NEC Display Solutions benefits from the technological know-how and technologies of the NEC Corporation and, with its own Research and Development, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers offering the widest product range of display solutions in the market. The display product portfolio ranges from entry-level to professional and speciality desktop LCDs, via large-size Public Displays for Digital and Retail Signage. The Projector range offers products for all needs, from portable devices via business projectors to products for permanent operation (such as PoS applications) and digital cinema projectors. Managing Director of the European head office is Bernd Eberhardt.
Further information can be found online at: www.nec-display-solutions.com
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society.
For more information, visit NEC at: www.nec.com
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2011 NEC Corporation.