Middle East, 11 October 2009 – Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of storage, wireless networking and memory solutions, has announced the availability of its new TeraStation™ III Rackmount, a larger capacity Network Attached Storage (NAS) device with robust RAID 5 capability in a 1U form factor.
The Buffalo TeraStation™ family are larger capacity NAS products with RAID capability. Available as either desktop or rackmount, the devices, which are fully populated with either two or four drives, come in capacities ranging from 1TB up to 8TB.
Jasem Al Roomi, Director at Buffalo Advantec FZCO, said, “The TeraStation is popular not just with the small to medium businesses (SMBs) but with small branch offices of large enterprises like banks etc because of the security of these storage systems, especially in the Middle East. It is the perfect solution for SMBs that needs large, easy-to-deploy, easy-to-manage, redundant, rackmount network attached storage. The redundancy of four separate hard drives in RAID 5 or RAID 1 modes mean that even if a hard drive fails, the data is safe. With Hot Swap functionality, if a drive does fail, the Buffalo TeraStation™ III Rackmount automatically powers down the faulty drive, enabling the users to safely remove and replace without losing any data or down time.”
The Real Time Replication function allows the connection of a second TeraStation™ via its LAN port and replicates the data to improve reliability, fault tolerance or accessibility. With three years warranty as standard, the new Buffalo TeraStation™ III Rackmount offers High Speed Data Transfer Up to 60MB/s and web access from anywhere via PC, Mac or iPhone. The device also comes with Power Management System for flexible power management, saving up to 66%, reducing CO2 emissions.
Additional features include:
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10 and Standard
- Active Directory Support – simplify the management of each TeraStation
- Dual connectivity for port trunking
- In-Built DLNA CERTIFIED™ media server – for easy playback of multi-media files to any DLNA certified device
- Includes Memeo™ AutoBackup Software for Windows or Macintosh, In-Built BitTorrent™ Client
- Supports Apple® Time Machine Back-up with multiple clients
- Supports NFS – can be mapped from UNIX so that a wide range of users can access the drives
- Automatic Disk Encryption
- Quota Management – prevent misuse of disk space by allocating the right amount of space by user
- EXT3 Reader – Back-up data held on attached USB hard drives via the USB ports can be read on Windows based PCs
- Two Auto-Sensing 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port
- In-Built print server to print documents from anywhere on your network
- Supports UPS connectivity via USB port
- Supported OS: Win® 2000/XP/Vista™, Win® Server 2003/2008, Win® MCE 2004/5 & Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher
The new TeraStation™ Rackmount is available through Buffalo’s authorised partners across the region.