NEC Computers S.A.S., a subsidiary of NEC Corporation, recently announced its FlexPower vServer solution. Developed in collaboration with Intel Corporation, the NEC FlexPower vServer solution is the first module-based server designed for small and medium sized businesses (SMB) which combines all server, network storage and administration functions, making the IT system simpler and more flexible. Combined with the VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3.5 solution, it forms a true turnkey virtualisation solution.
IT expenditure associated with equipment purchases, everyday operations and maintenance can have a significant impact on an SME’s budget. Combined with an average server usage rate of 15%, SMEs need solutions to enable them to get the best out of their servers, and to manage them effectively. Furthermore, these small companies do not often have the IT resources they need to manage virtualization solutions.
Pantelis Verginadis, Technical Sales Consultant at InterFRONTIERS interconNECt Ltd, the Business Development Unit for NEC Computers SEMEA said, “As an affordable solution for SMEs, the NEC FlexPower vServer combined with a built in SAN storage unit, network connectivity and the VMware ESX virtualisation platform offers unparalleled levels of consolidation, availability and scalability for a region like the Middle East where a large percentage of the enterprise segment falls into this (SME) category. We have seen NEC’s SME solutions gain a lot of ground for its value especially in the present economic scenario where TCO will prove to be a crucial factor in infrastructure decisions.”
The FlexPower vServer offers an answer to their needs. By integrating VMware Virtual Infrastructure, the most used virtualization software suite worldwide, FlexPower vServer offers the resource optimisation, application availability and operations automation solutions needed for more effective management.
The SMEs who implement this solution enjoy the following benefits:
- Maximum density: the best technical/price balance on the market for a global solution
- Maximum simplicity: the entire virtual infrastructure in a singular modular system: servers, centralised storage and network
- Reduced footprint: up to 100 virtualized servers in a 6U rack
- Optimum flexibility: thanks to its modular, evolutionary design, you can add blades and storage according to your needs
- Security and High Availability: physical redundancy and high software availability thanks to the VMware Virtual Infrastructure
- Reduced operating costs: low electricity consumption, optimised footprint and maintenance included
- Managed Administration: remote administration and maintenance made easy thanks to powerful, intuitive administration tools (Virtual Presence)
"The FlexPower solution combined with VMware is a very good way for small and medium sized businesses to enjoy the benefits of virtualization without limits. This solution fits perfectly with our new strategy which is based on turnkey solutions. Through this approach to virtualization, we offer our partners building blocks which they can supplement with their own service solutions: on-site installation, knowledge transfer or remote administration,” declares Sandrine Bajolet, Marketing Programme Manager for NEC Computers.
NEC FlexPower vServer is available immediately from the NEC Computers distribution network.