Buffalo Technology, a global manufacturer of innovative storage, wireless networking and multimedia solutions for the home and small business environments, has introduced the Buffalo TeraStation™ III, a high-speed NAS solution for the growing SMB/SOHO (small to medium businesses/small office home office) sector. The new range offers up to 60MB/S high speed data transfer rate, twice faster than the TeraStation Pro Series.
Available in 2, 4, 6 and 8TB capacities, the Buffalo TeraStation™ III is a larger capacity, fully populated NAS device with robust RAID 5 capability. The redundancy of four separate hard drives in RAID 0, 1, 5 or RAID 10 modes means that even if a hard drive fails, your data is safe. With its Hot Swap functionality, if a drive does fail, the Buffalo TeraStation™ III automatically powers down the faulty drive, enabling you to safely remove and replace without losing any data, or down time. The real-time replication function allows the connection of a second Buffalo TeraStation™ via the USB or LAN port and replicates the data to improve reliability, fault tolerance or accessibility. The perfect solution for the home office or small to medium business that needs large, easy-to-deploy, easy-to-manage, redundant network attached storage.
In addition, the Buffalo TeraStation™ III offers additional key features including:
- Five operational modes: Standard, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- WebAccess – remotely access the TeraStation III from anywhere via PC, Mac or iPhone
- Schedule Power Management System – for flexible power management, save up to 66%, reduce CO2 omissions. Automatically turns on and shuts down with PC.
- Disk Encryption: automatically encrypt the data to level AES 128 bits
- Quota Management – prevent misuse of disk space by allocating the right amount of space by user
- Email Alert with SMTP Authorisation
- Supports NFS – can be mapped from UNIX so that a wide range of users can access the drives
- Supports Apple Time Machine – Backup multiple Mac computers
Jasem Al Roomi, Director at Buffalo Advantec FZCO said, “Buffalo currently holds more than 50% of the market share for four of its hard drive NAS solutions in the SMB/SOHO sector. In today’s world of increased data, storage needs to be not only swift but also reliable and the new TeraStation III caters to the growing need for faster performance and greater capacity in this sector especially in the Middle East. In this region, this NAS solution has been found convenient for smaller branch offices, remote and satellite locations within an enterprise network, reducing costs without compromising data security.”
Backed by a limited three-year warranty, the TeraStation III is available from leading retailers and authorised Buffalo business solution partners around the Middle East at an estimated street price of:
TS-X2.0TL/R5 2.0TB US$1,179.99
TS-X4.0TL/R5 4.0TB US$1,469.99
TS-X6.0TL/R5 6.0TB US$2,059.99
TS-X8.0TL/R5 8.0TB US$2,639.99